Quick Garlic Dill Pickles
Deli-Style Quick Pickles!
This recipe contains cucumbers, sea salt, pickling spices, fresh garlic, fresh dill, apple cider vinegar, sugar
4 Quarts servings
- 5 pounds (3 to 5-inch) firm kirby cucumbers (about 20) washed
- 1-1/2 cups coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp. mixed pickling spices
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh dill
- 2-1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1. Place cucumbers in a large non-reactive container. Combine 1/2 gallon of water with 1 cup salt, and stir until salt is dissolved. Pour over cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and rinse the cucumbers, discarding brine. Pack into 4 to 5 wide-mouthed quart jars. Divide pickling spices, garlic, and dill between the jars.
- 3. Combine 6-1/4 cups water, remaining 1/2 cup salt, vinegar, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and pour into packed jars. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 months.