Quick One Pot Dinner: Bruschetta Chicken
One pan and 30 minutes is all it takes to turn plain chicken into a flavorful, light and healthy meal!
This recipe contains chicken breasts, tomatoes (diced), onions, fresh garlic, fresh basil, olive oil, salt, pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can(s) 14.5oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 whole small onion, diced
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- 2. If the chicken breast are not equal in thickness, pound them down slightly. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- 3. In a large oven-safe pan or skillet, heat the olive oil, onion and garlic over medium heat for a few minutes until the onions are translucent.
- 4. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes total, 3 minutes per side. You want the chicken browned on the outside. The chicken will not be cooked through yet.
- 5. Pour in the diced tomatoes and slightly cover the chicken. Place the pan into the oven for 15-20 minutes (depends on thickness) or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature 165F degrees.
- 6. Remove the chicken from the oven and add the basil. Stir slightly.
- 7. Serve immediately. Leftovers stay fresh in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.