Quickly pickled beetroot
Healthy, quick and easy pickled beetroot.
This recipe contains beets, red wine vinegar, water, salt, caraway seed
4 servings servings
Cook time: 30 min
- 3-4 beets (about 550-600g total)
- 300 ml red wine vinegar
- 150 ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp caraway seeds, crushed
- 1. Wrap each beetroot in parchment paper and process in a microwave oven for 20 minutes on MAX
- 2. or
- 3. Bake beets in oven at 200˚C for about 30 minutes or until cooked.
- 4. Peel beets while still warm, then cut into slices of desired thickness and put in the appropriate jar.
- 5. Mix vinegar with water to obtain the desired acidity (add more water if needed).
- 6. Stir in salt and crushed caraway seeds, pour over sliced beetroots, tightly close the jar and let the beets pickle for a few hours at room temperature.