Quinoa Grapefruit Blueberry Breakfast
This refreshing breakfast combines hot quinoa with Florida grapefruit and blueberries for a new twist on breakfast.
This recipe contains grapefruit juice, water, quinoa, honey, salt, grapefruit (ruby), blueberries, yogurt (vanilla), mint leaves
Cook time: 20 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Florida grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey or maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- 2 Florida ruby red grapefruit, segmented
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) 0% vanilla or plain yogurt
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine grapefruit juice, water, quinoa and honey. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Stir in grapefruit and blueberries; divide into shallow bowls and top with yogurt. Garnish with mint to serve.