Raspberry and Ricotta Stuffed French Toast Pitas
Using nutritious pita, try this sweet and savory twist on French toast, a quick-to-prepare recipe featuring Morning Rounds from the Ozery's Pita Break line.
This recipe contains , cheese (ricotta), maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, raspberries, eggs, milk, unsalted butter, maple syrup, raspberries
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 pkg (450 g) Pita Break Morning Rounds Cranberry Orange
- 3/4 cup light ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla, divided
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Fresh raspberries, for serving
- 1. Split pita rounds, set aside. In bowl, stir ricotta with maple syrup and cinnamon and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Spread about 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the ricotta mixture on each of the pita halves.
- 2. Sandwich pita halves with a few raspberries. Repeat with remaining pitas. Slice each in half crosswise.
- 3. In shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk and remaining vanilla. Dip each pita sandwich half in egg mixture.
- 4. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Fry stuffed pitas for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden.
- 5. Serve drizzled with maple syrup and additional raspberries.