A very small recipe as only two eggs were used and it was quite soft. If you like sour fruit cake, this Raspberry Slice is for you otherwise use the cake recipe and add blueberries or strawberries if you prefer.
This recipe contains raspberries, butter, sugar, eggs, lemons, lemons, vanilla extract, sour cream, flour, baking powder, salt, milk
8 slices servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 120g Fresh raspberries
- 80g Butter, softened
- 80g Sugar
- 2 Eggs (about 70g each)
- 3 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Natural yoghurt/Sour cream
- 120g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp pinch of salt
- 60g Fresh milk
- 1. Line a 7 inch (7 x 7 x 2) square cake pan all sides up, set aside
- 2. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together, add lemon zest into and mix them well, set aside.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add 2 tbsp natural yoghurt or sour cream, mix well. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla extract until well blended.
- 4. Add flour mixture and milk alternately into creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 5. Gently fold in the raspberries into the creamed mixture, mix well and pour into the prepared cake pan. Bake at preheated oven 180C for about 30 minutes or when skewer inserted into cake and comes out clean.
- 6. Remove cake from oven and set to cool for 10 minutes then unmould, leave to cool completely. Cut cake into 8 or 12 equal slices and dust some icing sugar or snow powder on top .