Easy and heavenly delicious cake.
This recipe contains yeast, milk, sugar, flour, vanilla sugar, salt, lemons, eggs, , dark brown sugar, butter
8 servings servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 25g fresh yeast or 7g/2 1/2 tsp (one packet) dry instant yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 50g sugar
- 500g flour
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon rind, grated
- 2 eggs
- 200g dark, fine sugar (Natural Molasses Sugar) or powdered sugar
- 250g butter at room temperature
- 1. Crumble the yeast in a cup of milk, add sugar.
- 2. Mix together flour, vanilla sugar, salt and lemon zest. Add the eggs and the milk with yeast.
- 3. Knead smooth, elastic dough, shape into a ball and leave for about 40 minutes in a warm place until doubled in volume.
- 4. Meanwhile, for the cream, mix sugar and butter until foamy and smooth.
- 5. With a rolling pin roll the dough very thinly on floured surface. Spread with cream and curl.
- 6. Cut the roll into thick pieces of equal size.
- 7. Place the "roses", close together, into the greased, round cake shape (ø 24cm) or individually into the muffin mold.
- 8. Leave cake rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- 9. Bake the cake in oven for 20 minutes at 160˚C.