Rosemary Olive Oil Bread: As Easy As Pie
One of my favorite things to bake is Rosemary Olive Oil Bread. I’ve been making it for a while and it never fails, and I mean never! It’s perfect because it has just enough sweetness to it, but it’s not over-the-top.
This recipe contains all-purpose flour, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, rosemary, salt, lemons, eggs, white wine (sweet), olive oil (extra virgin), cooking spray
1 Loaf servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 2-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cups sweet white wine or apple juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Lightly coat a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray
- 3. In a bowl, stir the flour, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, rosemary, salt and lemon zest.
- 4. In another bowl, blend the eggs, wine and olive oil. Stir in the dry ingredients. Transfer the batter into a the loaf pan and smooth out the surface.
- 5. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.