Rosemary Scrambled Eggs with Spicy Home Fries
Cooking with simple herbs and spices is one of the easiest ways to turn ordinary foods into flavorful, special treats.Take eggs and potatoes, for instance—two common breakfast ingredients that may not conjure much inspiration. But add earthy, floral rosemary to the scramble and liven up home fries with red pepper flakes to give new flavor to old stand-byes in less than 15 minutes.
This recipe contains olive oil, potatoes, crushed red pepper, sea salt, black pepper, eggs, unsalted butter, rosemary (fresh), rosemary (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter (or 1 thin pat)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 small rosemary sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the potatoes and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Toss or stir well to combine.
- 2. Cook, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are tender on the inside and begin to turn golden on the outside, about 10 minutes. (Cover the skillet as needed to keep it from becoming too dry.)
- 3. Remove the potatoes and keep warm.
- 4. Whisk the eggs and add the butter to the same skillet. Stir in the eggs along with the chopped or dried rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Cook until the eggs are well scrambled and just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- 6. Divide the potatoes and eggs between two plates and garnish each with a rosemary sprig, if desired.