Rum & Coke Pound Cake
A moist dense delicious dessert
This recipe contains butter, sugar, eggs, all-purpose flour, salt, coke,
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr 10 min
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt mixed into the flour
- 1 cup minus 2 Tbs Coca-Cola
- 2 Tbs Dark Rum
- 1. Preheat oven to 325° with the rack in the center of the oven.
- 2. Take a bundt pan and lightly grease and flour the inside.* (see notes at end of directions)
- 3. In the bowl of the mixer place the softened butter and cream it until it is light and fluffy.Then with the mixer on medium slowly add the sugar about a 1/2 cup at a time allowing each addition to completely combine before adding the next.
- 4. Once the sugar is combined begin to add the eggs one at a time waiting until each egg is completely combined before adding the next. **
- 5. Once the eggs have been added, with the mixer on low begin to add the flour and continue to mix until all the flour is incorporated. Now slowly add the rum and coke, allowing the liquid to thoroughly combine between each addition. Pour into the prepared bundt pan
- 6. Place into the center rack of the oven and bake for about 70 minutes until a tooth pick stuck into the center of the cake comes out clean. Invert on a wire rack and remove from pan and allow to completely cool .
- 7. * You can also use 2 5 X 9 inch loaf pans, dividing the batter equally between both, and adjusting the cooking time to 90 minutes or less
- 8. ** Breaking eggs directly into the mixing bowl is a good way to get shell into the product. A better way is to break each egg one at a time into a small bowl to insure you don’t have any shell broken off. You can then add them one at a time to the recipe or for larger quantities of eggs put them into a larger bowl to hold.