Rum, pineapple and coconut bundt cake
A cake full of exotic flavors.
This recipe contains pineapple, eggs, sugar (demerara), vanilla extract, butter, flour, baking powder, milk, rum, coconut flakes
10 portions servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 2 cups pineapple, fresh or canned
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Demerara sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup rum + 1/4 cup for soaking
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1. Clean fresh pineapple, cut it into round slices, cut the slices into smaller pieces. If necessary, drain the excess juice. If the pineapple is canned, gently rinse the slices from the syrup, drain. Set aside.
- 2. Whisk with hand mixer the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is thick.
- 3. Add butter and mix for 8 minutes until the mixture becomes even and foamy.
- 4. Combine flour with baking powder and, in a separate bowl, milk with rum.
- 5. Add flour and milk and rum alternately to the egg and butter mixture; stir and combine after each addition.
- 6. Add pineapple and coconut flakes to the cake mixture; stir and combine.
- 7. Spoon the mixture into greased and floured bundt mold, and bake in the oven at 180˚C for 45-50 minutes or until done.
- 8. Take the cake out of the oven, immediately soak with rum, and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it cool in the mold for about 20 minutes.
- 9. Then remove the cake from the pan, and if you wish, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and allow it to cool completely.