Rustic Blueberry Clafoutis
This French inspired rustic blueberry cake clafoutis will delight the berry lover in you!
This recipe contains unsalted butter, sugar, eggs, flour (all-purpose), heavy cream, milk, cinnamon, blueberries, almond extract
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temp plus extra for greasing the pan.
- 2/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs room temp
- 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cup(s) blueberries
- 5 tsp. drops almond extract
- 1. About an hour before you plan to start making the Rustic Blueberry Cake Clafoutis, set out the eggs and butter to come to room temp.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 1 quart oven proof baking dish
- 3. On medium speed, mix the butter and the sugar together until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Sift in the flour, then gradually pour in the cream while beating, followed by the cinnamon and the almond extract. Continue to stir until smooth.
- 4. Arrange the blueberries (frozen is fine – fresh if you have them) in the bottom of the prepared oven proof dish, pour the batter over the berries. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes (this is plus or minus – begin to check at about 30 minutes – the cake is done with it is no longer wiggly in the center when you gently shake the dish). Will be puffed and golden when done.
- 5. Remove from the oven and dust lightly with confectioners sugar.