Rustic Brie Toasts with Wild Mushroom, Cranberry and Shallot
Easy, sweet and decadent - a perfect combination! The sweetness of the cranberries with the creamy melted brie is simply fantastic in this recipe. Your guests will be thanking you.
This recipe contains mushrooms, shallots, cranberries (dried), thyme (fresh), baguette, olive oil, cheese (brie), salt, black pepper
10-12 toasts servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups wild mushrooms of your choice (finely diced - I used oyster)
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberry (juice sweetened if possible)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (finely minced)
- 1 rustic baguette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 wedge of beautiful brie cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1. Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is pre-heating, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and add the shallot, diced mushroom, cranberry and thyme. Sauté for a few minutes until the shallot begins to wilt and then season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- 2. Slice 12 pieces of brie and place each piece on the bread. Follow with a spoonful of the cranberry, mushroom and shallot mixture and place on an oiled cookie sheet. Bake the toasts for 15 minutes or just until the brie melts.