Rustic Cherry Tart
This Rustic Cherry Tart is from Martha Stewart and is so easy to make.
This recipe contains puff pastry, unsalted butter, sugar, almond flour, eggs, almond extract, eggs, heavy cream, cherries (fresh)
4 to 6 servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 frozen puff pastry, from standard package (17 1/4 ounces), thawed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup plus 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, or milk
- 1 pound red cherries, picked over, stemmed and pitted
- 1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a clean work surface with parchment, and sprinkle lightly with flour. Roll out puff pastry to an 1/8-inch thickness, keeping square shape. Roll up the edges, making a border of crust. Transfer the parchment and crust to a baking sheet, and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Place butter, 1/3 cup sugar, almond flour, whole egg, and almond extract in a medium bowl; mix until well combined.
- 3. Prick entire surface of chilled crust with a fork. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and heavy cream; brush mixture on the surface and edges of the crust. Using an offset spatula, spread the almond mixture evenly in an 1/8-inch-thick layer over bottom of the crust, and chill 15 minutes more.
- 4. Spread cherries in a single layer over the almond mixture. Bake tart 15 minutes.
- 5. Sprinkle remaining 4 teaspoons sugar over tart; continue baking until edges turn deep-golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve the tart warm or at room temperature.