Rustic Peach Crostata
The other night I found a roll of pie dough in my freezer and thought lets make something with those perfectly ripe Jersey peaches. A rustic crostata is such. A simple but delicious and beautiful dessert! A crostata is basically a simplified pie. While apple pie is the American pie.. my favorite is peach! The summery sweetness is something I look forward to every year, especially being from Jersey and getting to get farm fresh fruit!.There is nothing better tasting then the fruit you pick yourself!
This recipe contains pie crust, peaches, sugar, oats (steel), butter, cinnamon
serves 4 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 pie crust round (I used pre made refrigerated dough)
- 3 ripe peaches, sliced
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp steel cut oats
- 1 Tbsp butter, small dice
- 1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the pie crust. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- 3. In a small bowl toss together the sliced peaches and the sugar.
- 4. Place the peaches in a pile in the center of the pie round. Fold the sides up slightly, pinching the dough together and leaving the center exposed.
- 5. Top the center where the peaches are exposed with the oats and diced butter. Sprinkle the entire thing with some more cinnamon.
- 6. Pop in the oven for approx 40-45 minutes until the crust is golden. Serve with a lovely side of whipped cream or ice cream! Enjoy!!