S'mores Bar Cookies
These are the most popular things I make. All the goodness of a s'more with the softness of a cookie.
This recipe contains butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt, chocolate (milk, bar), marshmallow creme
16 bars servings
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8.8 ounce milk chocolate bars
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and brown sugar until mixed together well.
- 3. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- 5. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- 6. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 7. Place chocolate bars over dough. (I have one pan that works perfectly, the others I have break the chocolate some to get it to fit in a single layer).
- 8. Spread marshmallow creme over chocolate.
- 9. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the marshmallow. (doing a square at a time)
- 10. Bake for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 11. Cool completely before cutting into bars.