Sables are french short bread biscuit, which are soft inside and crisp outside & will melt in your mouth.
This recipe contains all-purpose flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, vanilla extract, salt, milk
13 Cookies servings
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 4 Tbs butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp milk
- 1. - Preheat oven @ 350 degrees.
- 2. - In a bowl sift flour. To that add baking powder & salt. Keep the bowl aside.
- 3. - Take another bowl to that add sugar & butter. Beat them to smooth & creamy consistency. To that add vanilla extract & milk. Beat it for few minutes.
- 4. - Now add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients & form a dough.
- 5. - Using a rolling pin & roll the dough in to a flat layer. Using a cookie cutter cut them in a desired shape. Repeat the with all the dough.
- 6. - Arrange them on a baking tray & refrigerate them for 15mins - 20mins.
- 7. - Now bake them for 17mins - 20mins @350 degrees.
- 8. - Remove them and allow them to cool on the counter & store them in a air tight container.
- 9. Enjoy these buttery soft cookies as you like.