Raw Chocolate Cake
This recipe makes 2 individual cakes or 1 small cake. A spring pan lined with parchment paper works best. The cake resembles those orange chocolates you eat around Easter (Omit the orange zest, if you’d rather have a cake without this flavour).
This recipe is raw, vegan, and free of gluten, refined sugar and soy.
This recipe contains crust, oranges, walnuts, dates, , cocoa powder (dark), avocados, maple syrup, coconut oil, , walnuts, fruit
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts (or nut of choice)
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa or carob powder
- 2 medium avocados
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Optional Toppings
- Nut of choice (almonds, walnuts, pecans work well)
- 1. Crust
- 2. Soak nuts if desired, for 1 hour or longer.
- 3. Mix ingredients into a blender or food processor, until dates and nuts are chopped.
- 4. Press into pan, and place into the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- 5. Filling
- 6. Combine the filling ingredients into a food processor or blender until completely smooth.
- 7. Pour onto cake crust, and place back into the fridge overnight (or a minimum of a few hours).
- 8. Eat cake as is or continue below and add toppings!
- 9. Optional Toppings
- 10. Remove cake(s) from pan and decorate with chopped nuts around the edges or top with fresh fruit.