Raw Energy Balls
I created these energy balls when I started doing intense cardio and didn’t want to eat anything too heavy before working out. They are also a great snack for on-the-go. I hope you enjoy! Free of dairy, soy, refined sugars, and egg.
This recipe contains oats (quick), almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, wheat germ, chia seeds, flaxseed (milled), vanilla extract, dark chocolate chips, coconut (unsweetened)
Prep time: 10 min
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup natural smooth almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or the insides of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until thoroughly incorporated. If using a vanilla bean, cut open and scrap insides into bowl.
- 2. Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow mixture to firm or with cold wet hands, roll into 1 inch balls immediately.
- 3. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.