Red quinoa cranberry arugula soup
Glutenfree and vegan post holiday healthy soup
This recipe contains cranberries, baby arugula, vegetable broth, olive oil, onions (green/spring), lemongrass, quinoa (red), salt, chili powder, sugar, milk (coconut, unsweetened), onions (green/spring)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cups baby arugula (chopped)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup green onions (whites only)
- 1 tbsp. lemon grass (chopped)
- 1 cup red quinoa (cooked)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. greens onion (greens for garnishing)
- 1. 1. Combine cranberries, arugula and vegetable broth in a sauce pan and bring them to boil.
- 2. 2. Remove the sauce pan from the flame and let stock cool for a while.
- 3. 3. In the meantime, heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
- 4. 4. Add whites of green onion, lemon grass and cook for couple of minutes.
- 5. 5. The moment you get the aroma of lemon grass add quinoa and sauté well.
- 6. 6. When the stock cools down blend it smooth. Then strain it.
- 7. 7. Pour the stock into the pan of quinoa and mix well.
- 8. 8. Boil for 2 -3 minutes and add salt, chilli powder and sugar.
- 9. 9. Mix again and after couple of more boils add coconut milk and mix.
- 10. 10. Turn off the flame, garnish with some greens of the green onions and serve immediately.