Reduced Fat Blueberry Cheesecake Crepes
I woke up super early this morning and ended up working up quite an appetite. I rummaged through the fridge and realized I still have quite a bit of cream cheese that needs to be used as well as 2 pints of fresh blueberries. Ideas started swarming around my head and before you knew it, kitchenAid and I were whipping up a batch of these babies! They’re pretty sweet so I paired them with some low-fat turkey bacon to add a savory flavor to the mix. It was GOOOOOD! Scott loved them.
Not hard at all, and very sweet and tasty!
This recipe contains , butter (light), cream cheese (1/3 less fat), sugar (powdered, confectioners), vanilla extract, blueberries, , flour (all-purpose), eggs, milk, water, salt, butter
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 5 min
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 1/4 cup(s) low-fat butter
- 4 oz. fat-free or 1/3 less fat cream cheese- room temp
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1. Cheesecake Filling:
- 2. With an electric mixer mix cream cheese and butter on medium speed until smooth. Using a rubber spatula scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure complete mixing. Add vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar. Pour in blueberries and mix well on low. Just enough to give the mixture a pink/purple tint. You want most blueberries intact. transfer to an air-tight container or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3. Crepes:
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- 5. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- 6. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Lay crepe flat and put a small amount of Blueberry Cheesecake Filling in the center (This is rich so you don't want to over fill) Roll Crepe and put on plate. Serve hot.