Rhubarb Chia Seeds Jam
Jam without sugar! Great! I make the normal sugar jam as well but I find it great that it is possible to enjoy jam just as much and sugar free.
This recipe contains rhubarb, agave syrup, chia seeds, oranges
3-4 small jars servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 750 g/ 26.5 oz rhubarb, weighed after peeling
- 6 tablespoons agave syrup (more or less to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- juice from 1/2 orange
- 1. Clean and peel the rhubarb, then weigh the 750 g. Chop the rhubarb and place into a small saucepan together with the agave syrup. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the rhubarb is soft and almost submerged in liquid, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the chia seeds, lower the heat and continue cooking for about 25 minutes, stirring very often. Remove from heat, add the orange juice and let cool. Transfer into small jars, cover and keep in the fridge.
- 3. It will keep about 1 to 2 weeks.