Rhubarb Peel Syrup
A genius rhubarb syrup recipe, which uses something that you would normally throw away: the peel of the rhubarb
This recipe contains rhubarb, sugar, citric acid, water
2-3 small bottles servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 250 g/ 8.8 oz rhubarb peel
- 1 kg/ 35.2 oz granulated sugar
- 10 g/ 2 1/4 teaspoons citric acid
- 1 liter/ 4.2 cups 33.8 fluid oz water
- 1. Wash rhubarb thoroughly before peeling it. Measure the peel and place it in a pan. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring everything to a boil. Turn the heat down and let the syrup cook, uncovered for 30 minutes. If you make the double amount give it 5 more minutes cooking time. Take the syrup off the heat, let cool down and keep in the fridge or cellar for 24 hours.
- 2. Strain the syrup and discard the peel. Pour the syrup back into the pan, bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Pour into the sterilized bottles and seal.