Delicious, unusual and budget friendly dish pinched from Nigel Slater.
This recipe contains pork, olive oil, carrots, celery, onions, vegetable oil, beef (boullion, cubes), , pasta (pappardelle)
2 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 2 hr 15 min
- 400g pork ribs, cut into thirds
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- A little oil
- 500ml beef stock from 1 cube
- 200g pasta (pappardelle or similar pasta)
- 1. Heat half of the oil in a large pan. Add the ribs to the pan and cook them for 4 minutes on each side until golden-brown in colour.
- 2. Remove them from the pan, add the rest of the oil and sauté the carrots, celery and onion for 5 minutes.
- 3. When the vegetables are softened, return the ribs to the pan and pour over the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat for two hours.
- 4. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in a pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain well.
- 5. When the two hours have elapsed, pick out the rib bones and discard.