Rice and Crab salad fast and easy!
This salad recipe is good with crab meat (as well as imitated crab meat) and shrimp (or you can use both), corn adds sweetness to the salad, rice works as the base of this salad.
This recipe contains rice, corn, crab meat, carrots, eggs, onions (white), fresh dill, salt, black pepper, mayonnaise, mixed greens
4 people servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 cup of rice
- 3/4 cup of canned corn
- 1 cup of chopped crab meat (or imitated crab meat flakes made of fish)
- 1 carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 cup of dill
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of mayo
- salad greens of your choice
- 1. This recipe appeared in my cookbook, when we lived in Russian Far East near China. I love to cook this salad on a day to day basis or for a dinner party. (Just serve the salad in puff pastry baskets).
- 2. The ingredients for this salad are simple and may be found in every pantry.
- 3. Wash and boil carrot, in separate pot wash and boil rice, in separate pot boil eggs (until hard boiled). Rice has to be boiled but not too soft and over cooked. Carrot has to be cooked, but not overcooked.
- 4. When the rice is cooked, drain it and rinse with cold water.
- 5. Eggs: when cooked (in 6-8 min) put in cold water to cool off.
- 6. Carrot drain and let it cool down.
- 7. Peel and finely chop the onion (1/2 of it)
- 8. Drain and rinse the corn (3/4 of a cup)
- 9. Peel and finely chop the carrot.
- 10. When rice cooled off mixed it with carrot and onion and corn.
- 11. Shell and chop the eggs, wash and chop the dill.
- 12. Crab meat: now here you can use: the real crab meat, the simulated crab flakes or even shrimp. (I was using simulated crab meat) cut the crab meat in mid-sized pieces and add to your salad.
- 13. Add salt, pepper to your salad and mix all the ingredients well.
- 14. Add mayonnaise before serving. Enjoy!