It can happen to everyone to end up with leftovers of rice. Well to me it happens quite often. Since I don’t like throwing the food away, I try using it the next day in some other dish. That is exactly what happened with this Rice Burgers recipe too. I had some leftovers and I decided to make these delicious vegan rice burgers.
This recipe contains rice, onions (red), garlic (fresh), bouillon (chicken), flour (corn), oregano (dried), cumin (ground), salt, black pepper, bread crumbs, oil (vegetable)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 min
- About 6 7 spoons of precooked rice
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Bouillon powder
- 2 - 3 tablepoons corn flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 4 - 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Oil to fry it in
- 1. Put the rice in a big bowl.
- 2. Add chopped onion and garlic and stir.
- 3. Add bouillon powder and spices.
- 4. As the last add enough flour to be able to work with the “dough” and form small burgers.
- 5. Carefully roll every burger in breadcrumbs and place it in the hot pan with some oil* in it.
- 6. Fry for 2 – 3 minutes on each side and place them then on the kitchen paper to take the most of the oil off.