Rice Krispie Treats with Maple Syrup and Brown Sugar
No matter how old I get, I still have cravings for these childhood treats. How can one resist the crunchy combo of crisped rice cereal and gooey, melted marshmallows? A bit of maple syrup, brown sugar, and toasted pecans are added here to bring some autumn flavors to the mix.
This recipe contains unsalted butter, mini marshmallows, maple syrup, brown sugar, sea salt, vanilla extract, pecans, cereal (rice)
Prep time: 15 min
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 16 ounce bag of miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 11 1/2 cups rice cereal
- 1. Grease a 9x13 pan, or line with parchment paper.
- 2. Melt butter over medium-low heat in large pot.
- 3. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and stir until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- 4. Add the marshmallows and stir until they have melted.
- 5. Take off heat.
- 6. Add the sea salt and vanilla and stir.
- 7. Add rice cereal and toasted pecans to the melted marshmallow mixture and then press into prepared pan.
- 8. Let cool.