Rice noodle salad with sesame oil dressing
Easy to make and didn't need much preparation. The dressing is very simple and the flavours are subtle but they really work!
This recipe contains rice noodles, prawns, carrots, onions (green/spring), peppers (chili, fresh), peanuts, , lemons, oil (vegetable), oil (sesame), parsley (dried), crushed red pepper, salt
Serves 3 - 4 servings
Cook time: 10 min
- 200 gms dried flat rice noodles
- 225 gms of cooked king prawns
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
- Handful of toasted peanuts
- For the dressing :
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1. Cook the noodles as per instructions on the packet.
- 2. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Check for seasoning and salt as required. Add the carrot, spring onion, chilli and prawns to the dressing and mix well. Add the noodles and toss everything together. Sprinkle on the peanuts and serve.
- 3. If you don't like the taste of raw spring onion, then stir fry it with the carrot and chilli for a couple of minutes and add it to the dressing :)