Roasted Artichoke Stuffed with Garlic and Sage
Roasted Artichoke stuffed with creamy Garlic and Sage with a Lemon Oil Dipping Sauce. This recipe is easy to make with minimal prep work.
This recipe contains artichokes, garlic, lemons, sage leaves, coconut oil
4 Servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 2 hr
- 4 Large Artichokes, stems and top 1/3rd portion removed
- 4 Cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 Lemon, cut in half
- Dried or fresh Sage leaves (optional)
- 1 T Coconut Oil
- 1. 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice off the stem and top 1/3rd of the artichoke. Immediately rub the choke all over with lemon and oil.
- 2. 2. Next, press the garlic clove into the center the artichoke, season with salt and pepper. Place sage on the top and wrap in tinfoil.
- 3. 3. Place the artichokes in the oven, stem side down for two hours.
- 4. 4. Remove them from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- 5. 5. For the dipping sauce (optional): Remove the garlic clove from the artichoke, combine with sage, left over lemon juice, olive oil or unsalted organic butter.