Roasted Barbecue Chicken
This is the most tender barbecue chicken ever, which is due to the high heat cook method.
This recipe contains chicken, butter, lemons, barbecue sauce, salt
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr 45 min
- 4-1/2 pounds Roasting Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 whole Lemons Cut In Half
- 1/4 cups Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoons Salt and Pepper
- 1. Take the giblets and neck out of the chicken, rinse the inside and outside of the chicken with cold water. Pat dry.
- 2. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with salt & pepper and place lemons inside the cavity of the chicken. Place the bird in a roasting pan with an oven rack or if you don’t have a rack, place onions, celery, carrots at the bottom of the pan and let the chicken rest on that. You don’t want the chicken sitting in it’s own juices.
- 3. Rub the top of the chicken with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and cook whole (thawed) chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- 5. Then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F and roast for 20 minutes per pound. For me it was an 1 hours 30 minutes. Temperature needs to register 165 to be done.
- 6. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, brush on the barbecue sauce.
- 7. Once chicken is done, place aluminum foil over the top and let it rest about 20 minutes