Roasted Broccoli Bowls with Creamy Tahini Dressing
Roasted broccoli, fresh red pepper, nuts, goat cheese over barley with a soy, tahini, lemon and sesame dressing. Quick to whip up and super yummy for the taste buds.
This recipe contains , barley, salt, broccoli, broccoli, olive oil, salt, black pepper, soy sauce, , oil (sesame, toasted), lemons, water, honey, tahini, , bell peppers (red), walnuts, cheese (goat), sesame seed
4 servings servings
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 cup barley (uncooked)
- 4-5 small crowns broccoli, trimmed (5-6 cups florets)
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Creamy Tahini Dressing:
- 2 Tbs toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs water
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbs tahini
- Add ins
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1.5 cups walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds
- 1. Cook barley or other grain of choice according to package instructions. Add a pinch of salt to the cooking water. Barley takes roughly 45 minutes to cook to a tender chewiness.
- 2. While the barley is cooking prepare the rest of the ingredients as follows:
- 3. -Toast the nuts on a baking sheet - approx 5 min @ 400F. Set aside.
- 4. -Trim, wash and dry off your pieces of broccoli. Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast @ 400F for 15-20 min tossing halfway through.
- 5. -Prepare the Creamy Tahini Dressing. The dressing will be fairly potent on its own, but is perfect when added to the broccoli bowls.
- 6. -Slice, chop and crumble any add-ins.
- 7. When there is about 5 minutes of the roasting time remaining for the broccoli, toss it with 2-3 Tbs of the Creamy Tahini Dressing.
- 8. When the barley is done, build your bowls, top with dressing and enjoy!
- 9. NOTES:
- 9. If you like a lot of dressing, I'd suggest doubling the recipe. You can always save some for later in the week!