Roasted Cauliflower or Broccoli Soup
This soup is satisfying, healthy and so easy! You can double it to feed a group or freeze for later use. Make this soup vegan by removing the butter and using vegetable broth. By roasting the cauliflower or broccoli, it adds a deeper flavor to this soup. Much tastier than using just boiled vegetables. I have yet to make this recipe with asparagus, but I'm sure it would be just as delicious!
This recipe contains cauliflower, olive oil, salt (kosher), black pepper, celery seeds, olive oil, shallots, garlic (fresh), chicken broth, water
Approximately 4 cups servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 Head Cauliflower or Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil, for roasting
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- Celery Seed, very small pinch
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil, for sweating
- 2 Large Shallots, peeled and chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1 Cup Water
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2. Toss vegetable florets in 1 Tbs. Olive Oil, salt, fresh cracked pepper, and celery seed
- 3. Place on a sheet pan in a single layer, into preheated oven
- 4. While vegetable florets are roasting, prep your shallots and garlic
- 5. Set timer for about 12 minutes, turn over roasted vegetable florets
- 6. Back in the oven for another 12 minutes, set your timer!
- 7. Remove roasted veggies from oven, and set aside
- 8. Sweat chopped Shallots and Garlic in 1 Tbs. Olive Oil and 1/2 Tbs. Unsalted Butter in a heavy bottomed pot, medium heat
- 9. Cook until soft about 5 minutes. DO NOT BROWN! Add Roasted Veggies to the pot
- 10. Add Chicken Broth and Water to the Shallot, Garlic, Veggies and bring to a boil
- 11. Boil, then turn down to a simmer. Simmer for 5-7 minutes
- 12. Puree in a blender, taste. You will find this to be so tasty, you won't need any additional seasoning.
- 13. Serve!