Roasted Chicken Salad with Sage Dressing
This recipes is inspired by a salad served at a local restaurant. Use rotisserie chicken to save prep time.
This recipe contains olive oil (extra virgin), garlic, lemons, sea salt, pepper, sage (fresh), lettuce (romaine), rotisserie chicken, cranberries (dried), carrots, sunflower seeds, onions (red)
Prep time: 15 min
- 1/2 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 whole fresh sage leaves
- 8 cup(s) organic romaine lettuce, rinsed and torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cup(s) roasted chicken (use rotisserie chicken from the deli)
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1 cup(s) grated organic carrots
- 1/2 cup(s) toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced red onion
- 1. Specialized equipment: high-speed blender
- 2. Combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and sage in a high-speed blender. Blend for a minute until emulsified.
- 3. Arrange the lettuce on individual plates. Scatter the chicken, cranberries, carrots, sunflower seeds, and red onions on top. Serve with the salad dressing.