Roasted Chicken Breasts with Brown Rice and Cherry Tomato Salad
Dishes like this are one of my most useful reasons for having a recipe blog. On the one hand, a meal like this is so simple you really don't need a recipe, but it is one that is so good, that when desire strikes to make it again, I would wonder, "How EXACTLY did I make that?" That's definitely happened to me more than once. I am happy to share this delicious chicken and rice dinner with you. It's easy and healthy and full of flavor. We've been eating a lot of brown rice in my house lately and the one thing I am finding is that I really like to pair brown rice with something acidic. Mixing the salad with bites of rice is an amazing flavor combination. This is really my type of go-to dinner dish.
This recipe contains , chicken breasts, black pepper, butter, , cherry tomatoes, red onions, olives (kalamata, pitted), red wine vinegar, olive oil (extra virgin), salt, black pepper, basil (fresh), feta cheese, brown rice
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 40 min
- For the roasted chicken
- 4 whole bone-in skin-on chicken breasts, trimmed and patted dry
- 1 ds. black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. melted butter
- For the cherry tomato salad
- 10 1/2 oz. pkg. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup(s) thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tbsp. slivered kalamata olives
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 ds. pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) torn, fresh basil
- 1/3 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup(s) brown rice
- 1. 1. Preheat oven to 375. Place chicken on a baking sheet and season with spices, salt & pepper - how ever much or little you like. Place chicken skin-side up and brush with melted butter. Roast until internal temp. reaches 160 (somewhere around 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts).
- 2. 2. While chicken is roasting, toss together tomatoes, onion, olives, vinegar, oil, salt & pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside til chicken is done.
- 3. 3. When chicken is done, add the basil and feta to the tomato mixture. Serve the salad along side the chicken and rice.