Roasted Chicken,Shiitake and Jalapeno Soup
Eat light without missing the satisfaction.
This recipe contains butter, mushrooms (shiitake), chicken stock, chicken breasts, garlic, bay leaves, allspice (whole), salt (kosher), peppers (jalapeno), ginger (fresh), rice vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, onions (green/spring), cilantro, peppers (jalapeno)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 qt. chicken broth or single box of organic chicken broth
- 1 whole chicken breast from grocery store Roasted Chicken or from chicken you have roasted yourself.
- 3 clove(s) Garlic minced
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 4 whole allspice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 whole fresh or frozen jalapeno pepper sliced
- 1 whole 1" piece of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. Rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 ds. Fresh ground pepper
- 1 whole scallions
- 1 tsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 whole jalapenos
- 1. In small skillet melt 1 Tbs butter. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms release their water. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2. Pour Chicken broth into soup pan. Add 3 cups of water. Add all other ingredients as well as the reserved mushrooms and heat on medium heat on stove top.
- 3. Simmer x 5 minutes until all ingredients are heated through. Serve and garnish as desired.