Roasted courgette (zucchini) dip
This recipe was created as a sneaky way to get my children to eat courgettes- and it worked! They loved it! It also makes use of the herby oil you get in jarred olives, and leftover cheese, so is a pretty frugal recipe too!
This recipe contains zucchini, yogurt, fresh garlic, olives, , cheese (goat), lemons, sea salt, oil (flaxseed)
4 as a main course, 6 as starter servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 4 courgettes (zucchini)
- 1/2 cup of yoghurt (125ml)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 4 marinated olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil from the olives (with all that leftover herby goodness)
- 35g soft goat cheese, or feta
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp flax oil for drizzling
- 1. Pop the courgettes in the oven and roast at 180 degrees for around 40 mins until softened.
- 2. When they are cooked, remove from oven, chop roughly (be careful not to burn yourself!) and leave them aside for 10 mins to cool down.
- 3. Pop the courgettes, along with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor, and blend until mixed, but still with a little texture.
- 4. Pour into a dish, drizzle with the flax oil and serve right away at room temp. We think this dip is fabulous with flatbreads.