Roasted Eggplant Hummus
Creamy hummus combined with roasted eggplant make this a simple dip to serve with pita chips, tortillas or carrots.
This recipe contains eggplant, olive oil (extra virgin), salt, black pepper, chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemons
6 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 pound eggplant cut in to large cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 15.5oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. On a large baking sheet toss eggplant, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper and spread in a single layer.
- 3. Roast for 18-20 minutes.
- 4. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 5. In food processor combine, chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil and pulse 3 or 4 times.
- 6. Add eggplant and blend on highest level until desired consistency.
- 7. Store in air tight containers in the refrigerator.