Roasted Pumpkin Leek and Coconut Soup
Sultry, Exotic and Fabulous! Vegan puree.
This recipe contains pumpkin, onions, garlic, leeks, milk (coconut), chicken stock, curry powder, sea salt, parsley (fresh), leeks
6 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 4 cup(s) pumpkin, roasted or canned (1 small pumpkin 3 to 4 pounds yields about 4 cups)
- 1 whole onion, peeled and halved
- 1 whole garlic bulb, top sliced off
- 1 whole leek, white to light green portion, cleaned and halved (save/freeze dark green portion for stock)
- 1 cup(s) whole fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup(s) stock (chicken or vegetable), optional
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 ds. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 2 whole leeks
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Prepare pumpkin, onion, garlic and leek by rubbing with coconut oil. Arrange items in baking dish or on a a lined cookie sheet. Roast for 1 hour.
- 3. Remove from oven. Cut pumpkin in half. Remove seeds. Save or discard seeds. Scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin.
- 4. Squeeze out 4 garlic cloves from the roasted garlic. Combine pumpkin, onion, 4 garlic cloves, leek, coconut milk, curry powder and celtic sea salt in a blender of food processor. Blend or process until pureed.
- 5. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- 6. How to use remaining roasted garlic cloves: Combine with olive oil or mayo and use as a spread or sauce.