Roasted Red Peppers and Tomatoes Salad
A salad of tomatoes and roasted bell peppers. The preparation is very simple the result wonderful.
This recipe contains bell peppers (red), tomatoes, onions (red), capers, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, fresh thyme
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 whole red bell pepper, roasted
- 1 whole ripe tomato
- 1 whole red onions
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh thyme
- 1. Char the red bell pepper over a grill or gas flame, or on a cookie sheet under the broiler. Turn the peppers as their skin blisters and chars on all sides. Transfer to a bowl and cover.
- 2. When peppers are cool to the touch, peel off the skin with your fingers, pull off stems, then tear them open and remove and discard seeds. Cut into large pieces
- 3. Arrange 1 thickly sliced ripe tomato and the large bell peppers pieces.
- 4. Scatter with thinly sliced red onion and capers.
- 5. Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste with coarse salt and cracked black pepper and garnish with thyme.