Roasted Salmon with Grapefruit Sauce
Fish: I can ever get enough of it. We have a few favorite, but salmon is always our go to for dinner. Last night we had fun putting together something new. With our backyard grapefruits ready to be enjoyed and a tree full, what a better occasion to enjoy them at dinner time too. Easy put together sauce, just make sure that none of the membrane of the grapefruit are in the sauce. After the pulp is removed, squeeze the juice out and discard. The membrane not only it gives it a bitter flavor, but they are no fun to eat. Lovely combination put together in less than 40 minutes.
This recipe contains olive oil, butter (unsalted), shallots, ginger (fresh), grapefruit, honey, crushed red pepper, lemons, sugar (brown), parsley, fish (salmon), butter (unsalted), salt, black pepper
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 grapefruit, cut into segments, membranes tossed and pulp section cut up into chunks, juices reserved
- 3 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat leave parsley, finely chopped
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1. Preheat oven at 375°. Place a sheet of aluminum foil to cover a cookie sheet. Place the salmon over it and roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile heat oil and butter in a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- 3. Add shallots and sauté until translucent and soft.
- 4. Stir in the ginger, grapefruit juice and the pulp, honey, brown sugar and pepper flakes. Cook sauce until it is reduced by half.
- 5. Add the lemon juice and season to taste. Add more brown sugar if too bitter. Add the parsley and 1 teaspoon of butter, turn off the heat and melt the butter and mixed it well with the citrus sauce.
- 6. Place the salmon in the middle of a serving plate and spoon sauce over the top.
- 7. Serve warm and enjoy.