Roasted Strawberry Pie Parfait
Roasted strawberries make this simple parfait extra special....it's like dessert for breakfast!
This recipe contains strawberries, olive oil, sugar, pie crust pastry (roll out), cinnamon, greek yogurt (vanilla, nonfat)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 lb. strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. granulated sugar divided
- 1 whole refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 16 oz. non-fat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, olive oil and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Spread the strawberries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in a 450 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- 3. In a separate small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 4. Roll the pie crust out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Prick the entire surface with a fork and sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the pie crust being sure to cover the entire surface. Bake the crust in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes or until the crust begins to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- 5. Once the crust has cooled, break up into small pieces and place in a small bowl.
- 6. In small glass bowls or ramekins, cover the entire bottom with the crumbled pie crust. Top the crust with a layer of strawberries and then spoon the yogurt over the strawberries to cover completely. Continue to layer with crust, strawberries and yogurt until the bowl is full. Serve immediately.