Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup
Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup, it is where healthy meets tasting so good!! Can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock.
This recipe contains sweet potatoes, onions (vidalia/sweet), carrots, garlic, olive oil, salt (sea), chicken stock, quinoa, bread crumbs (panko), butter, cheese (parmesan), parsley (fresh)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 very large sweet potato
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 clove(s) large clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 ds. sea salt
- 32 oz. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup(s) cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup(s) panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup(s) grated parmesan
- fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2. Peel and large dice sweet potato. Place sweet potato on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sea salt. Roast in the oven for 20 min.
- 3. In a large pot saute onion and carrot until tender.
- 4. Add potato to the onion mixture and add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20-30 min. until all vegetables are completely tender.
- 5. With a hand blender or standup blender mix until pureed. Adjust seasoning. Add quinoa and reheat.
- 6. For the panko topping, melt the butter in a small fry pan and add the panko and cook until lightly browned. Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
- 7. Top each bowl of soup with the panko crumbs and garnish with the parsley.