Roasted Tomato and Garlic Quiche
This Roasted Tomato and Garlic Quiche has those awesome Caprese flavors!
This recipe contains tomatoes (cherry), fresh garlic, basil (dried), salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, pie crust, cheese (mozzarella, shredded), heavy cream, milk, eggs, cheese (parmesan), salt, black pepper
8 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr 20 min
- 1 10oz package of cherry tomatoes cut tomatoes in half
- 6 cloves garlic peel and cut cloves in half
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle pepper (if not available may use same amount of hot pepper flakes) .
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (the kind near the canned biscuits in the grocery not the prefrozen kind)
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded mozzarella Cheese (may use preshredded or fresh if necessary) .
- 1/2 Cup heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. In a small bowl mix the tomatoes, garlic, dried basil, salt, black pepper and chipotle pepper, toss well and spread out onto a metal baking dish. Bake for 30 mins. The tomatoes will be shriveled and the garlic should be tender when done. There may be slight darkening on the garlic cloves - but they should not be burnt. If they are burnt there will be a bitter taste
- 3. Remove tomatoes and garlic from the oven and allow to cool enough to touch. Set oven temp to 375.
- 4. Press the pie shell into a deep dish pie plate. Flute the edges of the pie crust
- 5. Using a fork, poke holes into the bottom crust.
- 6. Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella into the bottom of the pie crust.
- 7. Cover with the tomatoe/garlic mixture and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 8. In a small bowl, mix the half and half, salt and pepper and the beaten eggs together. Pour this mixture over the ingredients in the pie shell. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- 9. Bake 35-40 minutes until the center is no longer loose when the edges of the pie plate are gently shaken and the center no longer looks wet
- 10. Allow the quiche to sit on the counter top for 10 minutes before cutting (this allows the quiche to rest and keeps the insides from being too runny)