Robert Reed's Beef and Biscuit Casserole
Robert Reed's Beef and Biscuit Casserole...A very unique yet quick and easy any night dinner that is full of flavor.
This recipe contains beef (ground), onions, chiles (green), tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, onions (dried), biscuits, cheese (monterey jack), sour cream, eggs
4-6 Servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 Lb. - Ground Beef
- 1/2 C. - Chopped Onion
- 1/4 C. - Green Chiies
- 1 (8oz) - Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tsp. - Chili Powder
- 3/4 Tsp. - Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbs. - Dried Minced Onion
- 1 (8oz) - Can Flaky Biscuits
- 1 1/2 C. - Shredded Monterey Jack & Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 C. - Sour Cream
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Brown the beef, chopped onion and green chilies in a pan; drain grease.
- 3. Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, minced onion and garlic powder then simmer.
- 4. Separate the biscuits into 10 biscuits then separate again into 20 biscuits. Place 10 of the biscuits into the bottom of an 8x9 greased baking dish.
- 5. Combine 1/2 c. of the cheese with the sour cream and egg, mix well.
- 6. Remove the meat mixture from the heat and stir in the sour cream mixture; spread this mixture on top of the biscuits. Place the remaining biscuits on top of the meat mixture and cover with the remaining cheese.
- 7. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.