Soba with Sesame Sauce
A light and easy recipe ~ Soba with Sesame Sauce that I would like to share with you today. The ingredients are very simple. Most of the ingredients are definitely available in your pantry and sesame/tahini paste can also be easily found in most supermarkets. You can pan-fry the chicken fillet/thigh with a bit of seasoning or use leftover roast chicken meat and quickly mix the ingredients together with the sesame mixed sauce. The sesame infused soba makes the first mouthful just heavenly.
This recipe contains soba noodles, chicken (thighs, boneless, skinless), spinach (fresh), sesame seeds, , ginger, tahini, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, water
serves 2 servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 200g Soba (buckwheat noodles)
- 2 pcs Chicken thigh meat (debonded and skinned)
- some chye sim or Spinach
- some toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 tbsp Sesame/Tahini paste
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 6 tbsp Kikkomann light soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1. Remove skin and fat from chicken, mix thoroughly with 1/2 tsp salt and crushed black pepper, leave aside for 10 minutes (put in the fridge). Pan fry chicken thigh with little oil till golden brown. Leave to cool and cut into small pieces.
- 2. Wash the chye sim or spinach and blanch in boiling water, then run cold water through it and drain. Cut into sections.
- 3. Cook soba in boiling water for about 5-6 minutes, strain and run cold water through it.
- 4. Mix soba, chye sim or spinach and chicken well with the sesame mixed sauce and place on serving plate. Sprinkle some toasted white sesame seeds on it and serve.
- 5. OR serve as cold dish, chill the soba before mixing with sesame mixed sauce.