Spring Fresh Pasta
This simple elegant pasta dish moves with grace from brunch to a main course dinner. Easy enough you will be happy to prepare it for a weeknight meal or dress it up with some homemade pasta and an light and crisp white wine such as a Pinot Grigio or Saugvignon Blanc for a weekend dinner party. A high quality extra virgin olive will make this pasta dish sing!
This recipe contains pasta (fettuccine), pancetta, onions (green/spring), peas, cheese (ricotta), eggs, olive oil (extra virgin), lemons, parsley (fresh), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- Fettucine or Linguini - homemade is preferable but a quality store bought will work quite well.
- 1 cup cubed pancetta (prosciutto can easily be substituted)
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped, white and light green parts
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 lightly poached eggs (8 is recommended if it is to be served as a main course for dinner)
- 1/2 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice from one large lemon
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1. Saute pancetta until golden brown, remove from pan to drain on paper towel. Saute green onions gently, remove from pan to drain with pancetta
- 2. Cook green peas until bright green, set aside. Saute green onions gently, remove from pan to drain with pancetta.
- 3. Assemble pasta dishes with pancetta, green onions, peas, generous dollop of ricotta.
- 4. Poach eggs (eggs can be poached ahead and submerged in cold water to halt cooking if necessary)
- 5. Top pasta with freshly poached eggs. Garnish with lemon zest and juice to brighten. Salt and pepper to taste.