Spring onions and heirloom tomatoes tagliolini pasta
Fresh spring onions and heirloom tomatoes combined together for a delicate and light pasta sauce. A 20 minutes easy to prepare recipe for your family and, as always, kids’ friendly.
This recipe contains onions (green/spring), bay leaves, tomatoes (heirloom), pasta (tagliatelle), cheese (parmesan), salt, olive oil
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 10 spring onions
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 small heirloom tomatoes
- 1 lb. tagliolini pasta
- 4 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 5 Tbsp oil of olives
- 1. Fill a nice large pan with water and place it on the stove at medium/high.
- 2. Wash the spring onions and cut them diagonally in thick slices 1/2 inch wide.
- 3. Add few tablespoons of Extra virgin oil of olive in a large skillet pan and two leaves of bay leaf. Turn the heat on at low/medium and let the oil warm up for 1 minute.
- 4. Add the spring onions, season with salt, stir and reduce the heat at low. Cover with a lid and let the onions cook for 10 minutes slowly.
- 5. Slice the tomatoes, take the seeds and the extra water out and cut them in small pieces. One minute before the onions are ready, take the lid off, add the tomatoes, mix and let it cook for the remaining minute.
- 6. When the water is boiling, add a good tablespoon of sea salt and the pasta and follow the cooking time on the package. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce.
- 7. Mix, remove the bay leaves, add few tablespoons of cold Extra virgin oil of olives and a generous handful of grated Parmesan cheese. Mix and serve it immediately.