Sprouted Grain Chicken Pesto Sandwich
Sprouted Grain Chicken Pesto Sandwich - taking chicken salad to a whole notha’ level w/some sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto & Greek yogurt.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), pesto, greek yogurt (plain), tomatoes (sun dried), lettuce (leaf), bread (multi grain)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup(s) store-bought pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) plain greek yogurt
- 6 oz. sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 4 - 6 lettuce leaves
- 8 slice(s) bread
- 1. Trim excess fat from chicken breasts. In a large pot, add chicken and fill the pot with enough water to cover the chicken by an inch. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and a teaspoon of pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil and reduce heat so that the liquid is still simmering - just hot enough for bubbles to barely break the surface. Cover pot and continue to cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pesto, Greek yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon salt then set aside. Rough chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- 4. Once cooked, remove chicken from the pot and allow to cool. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces - or adjust the size as you prefer.
- 5. Add chicken and sun-dried tomatoes to the yogurt/pesto mixture, and combine thoroughly.
- 6. Rinse/dry lettuce, then build sandwiches to your liking using the sun-dried pesto chicken, lettuce, and grain bread!
- 7. *****Recipe Notes: When mixing the yogurt and pesto it may seem that the two ingredients separate. This won't impact the finished product - when everything is mixed it comes together nicely. To minimize this effect you can blend the two ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes*****