Steak w/ Marinara, Mozzarella, & Peppadew Peppers
Ribeye Steak on top of marinara sauce w/ thin sliced melted mozzarella topped w/ sweet peppadew peppers!
This recipe contains steak (ribeye), rosemary (fresh), butter, cheese (mozzarella), marinara sauce, peppers (peppadew), worcestershire, seasoning salt, garlic powder, salt, pepper, aluminum foil,
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 whole ribeye steaks
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 - 3 tbsp. butter
- 5 slice(s) thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg(s) 24oz. marinara sauce
- 1 pkg(s) 14.75oz. peppadew peppers
- 1 ds. worcestershire
- 1 tsp. season salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Aluminum Foil
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 1. Allow your steaks to sit for at least 30 minutes on the counter top to bring to room temperature.
- 2. Then season your steaks on all sides with your lawrys season salt, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. I like to throw a quick dash of worcestershire in a few spots on both sides of the steaks.
- 3. Pre-heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Add your butter, it will be sizzling hot and melt quickly, and turn up the heat to medium-high heat.
- 4. Now add your steaks to your cast iron skillet with your sprigs of rosemary. Depending on the thickness of your steaks and your desired temperature allow the steaks to cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- 5. Add your marinara to a pot and heat on medium-low heat.
- 6. Remove your steaks and place on a cutting board.
- 7. Add your thin sliced mozzarella to each steak. I added 5-6 slices to each ribeye.
- 8. Now cover the steaks with foil and let sit for at least 5-10 minutes so the cheese melts and the juice redistributes throughout the steak.
- 9. They will continue to cook while sitting there so make sure you don't over cook your steak in the cast iron skillet before removing.
- 10. Once cheese has melted slice your steak at an angle. Spread marinara down the center of the plate, top with your steak with the melted mozzarella, throw on some peppadew peppers and add a sprig of rosemary for presentation.