Steak with lemon and capers
Simple, succulent steak is made heavenly delicious with an easy, tangy lemon and caper sauce. Made in 25 minutes.
This recipe contains steaks, flour, salt, black pepper, butter, olive oil, garlic, white wine dry, lemon juice, capers, parsley, lemons
2 servings servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 400g round beef steak
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 40g butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs capers, washed and dried
- Parsley, to sprinkle
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Flatten the steaks lightly with a meat mallet. Combine flour, salt and pepper, dip steaks into the mixture, coating both sides.
- 2. Sauté the steaks in a hot mixture of butter and olive oil over medium heat, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 3. Sauté the garlic in the same fat for about 1 minute, stirring.
- 4. Add the wine and lemon juice, stir and simmer for 5 minutes to slightly reduce the liquid.
- 5. Add capers, stir. Return the steaks to the pan, cover and simmer over low heat for 4 minutes.