Steak with lemon and capers
Simple, succulent steak is made heavenly delicious with an easy, tangy lemon and caper sauce. Made in 25 minutes.
This recipe contains steaks, flour, salt, black pepper, butter, olive oil, garlic, wine (white, dry), lemon juice, capers, parsley, lemons
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 400 g. round beef steak
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 40 g. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. capers, washed and dried
- Parsley, to sprinkle
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Flatten the steaks lightly with a meat mallet. Combine flour, salt and pepper, dip steaks into the mixture, coating both sides.
- 2. Sauté the steaks in a hot mixture of butter and olive oil over medium heat, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 3. Sauté the garlic in the same fat for about 1 minute, stirring.
- 4. Add the wine and lemon juice, stir and simmer for 5 minutes to slightly reduce the liquid.
- 5. Add capers, stir. Return the steaks to the pan, cover and simmer over low heat for 4 minutes.